Due to the success of the 2020 ISPAH shorts, we are once again embarking on this exciting initiative that is exclusive to members. We will be funding the development of 8 animations (60-90 seconds) for peer-reviewed articles that were published in 2020. See an example below from the 2020 round of ISPAH Shorts.
These animations, together with a 3-minute slide presentation will be loaded onto the ISPAH website. We anticipate that this will increase the visibility of your research and ultimately lead to greater research impact and engagement.
As an ISPAH member, you are invited to submit a full paper (one blinded and one not) for one of your 2020 publications, where you are either the first or senior author. Each paper will be reviewed and scored similarly to conference submissions.
Should your abstract be selected, ISPAH will fund the production of the animation (valued at more than £1000 /$1250 USD each). Authors will work with the ISPAH Education Committee and the animator to develop the animation.
Selected author’s responsibilities:
- Provide a short script for the video, comprising of 6-8 points (120 word limit).
- Prepare and record a 3-minute slide presentation that serves to build on the information presented in the animation.
- Work with the animation production team and ISPAH Educational committee during the development process.
29th January 2021: Submit Full paper (one blinded and one not)
19th February 2021: Successful applicants notified
19th February – 19th May 2021: Animation production (by UK team); 3 minute slide presentation (by author)
June to September 2021: Animations and presentations uploaded onto ISPAH website.
If you are interested in having your publication featured, please send us the following information to Candice Christie ([email protected]) before the 29th January:
- Full Paper (research must have a physical activity focus) WITH authors names and affiliations
- Full Paper WITHOUT authors names and affiliations (i.e. blinded)
- 6-8 key points from the publication