The ProPASS consortium-ISPAH partnership are excited to announce a free online satellite event to the ISPAH Congress 2022. ISPAH Congress 2022 is taking place on the 23rd – 26th of October 2022.
The ProPASS consortium-ISPAH partnership are hosting a free 3-hour ISAPH Congress 2022 satellite symposium entitled “Towards the 1st device-based guidelines of physical activity, sedentary behaviour & sleep”.
Over 90% of the evidence used for guidelines development is based on questionnaires. In the last decade there has been a large increase in device-based cohorts that will likely inform the next generation of guidelines. Compared to questionnaires, devices such as accelerometers capture very different aspects of physical activity, posture and sleep. The symposium’s sessions will discuss the strengths and complexities encountered during the transition of future guidelines from questionnaire-based to accelerometer-measured evidence, and will highlight the instrumental role that ProPASS and other analogous consortia can play in enabling a smooth transition towards device-based and truly global physical activity, sedentary behavior, and sleep guidelines.
Date: Wednesday 2nd November 2022
Time: 8am-11am (GMT)
- Professor Fiona Bull (World Health Organization)
- Professor Ulf Ekelund (Norwegian School of Sport Sciences & ProPASS)
- Associate Professor Karen Milton (ISPAH & University of East Anglia)
- Professor Jasper Schipperijn (ISPAH & University of Southern Denmark)
- Dr Matthew Ahmadi (University of Sydney & ProPASS)
- Dr Jo Blodgett (University College London & ProPASS)
- Professor Emmanuel Stamatakis (University of Sydney & ProPASS)
- Professor Peter Katzmarzyk (Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University)