KT plays a key role in the Global Action Plan on Physical Activity (GAPPA), which advocates translating and presenting evidence urgently. We hope that extra financial support will help Early Career Professionals work towards GAPPA’s objectives. We have previously published a commentary paper on the role of Early Career Professionals with the GAPPA.
We will fund KT for physical activity projects. For example, funds could be used for:
- Courses to learn skills that will allow the researcher to translate research into different formats, e.g., videos, blog posts, podcasts, or infographics.
- Professional graphic design services or software (e.g., Vyond, Piktochart, etc.)
- Language translation
- Any other activity that promotes KT (e.g., co-creation design processes, stakeholder engagement meetings, etc.)
Although KT can be used to disseminate research at academic conferences, funds will not be awarded for activities related to conference attendance such as travel, poster printing, and registration etc.
Three awards of a maximum of $250 (USD) are available. Funding is available for projects which fulfil the following criteria.
- Research is related to physical activity
- Applicant fits ‘early career’ definition. We define early career researcher as someone actively involved in research (authored or co-authored at least one published academic paper in the last 3 years), and who is 7 years or less (full time equivalent) since the completion of a PhD. Please note applicants do not have to hold a PhD.
- Applicant is an ISPAH member (To check your ISPAH membership status sign in to the website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Proposed project involves ‘knowledge translation’ of the applicant’s research (including co-authored work)
- Applicant has clearly stated in the application form (linked below) how funding will be spent
- Preference will be given to end-stage research rather than early-stage research such as pilot studies.
- Identify how the KT relates to ISPAH goals, the GAPPA, and/or ‘down the track’ impact.
Applications are open here: https://forms.gle/in3zHLWPpbvg3wmL9
If you have any questions about the application procedure or the small grants, please contact email@example.com.