The principles underpinning The Advocacy Council are:
- The prioritization of advocacy actions is based on evidence of effectiveness,
- The application of advocacy actions is aimed at multiple levels:
- Global, Regional, National, local
- Across all relevant sectors
- Advocacy actions employ multiple strategies including:
- Political advocacy, media advocacy, professional mobilization, community mobilization, partnerships and coalition development and advocacy within organizations.
- Advocacy is a dedicated function of GAPA and importantly is also integrated across ISPAH – including all councils, communications, partnerships and conferences